Cura Precision Prebiotic™ is a cutting-edge precision prebiotic supplement made up of three clinically tested, non-digestible fibres (known as oligosaccharides) that can increase microbial diversity and selectively feed the beneﬁcial, keystone bacteria that live in our microbiome.
Our main keystone bacteria are known as Akkermansia muciniphila, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, and Bifidobacteria. These bacteria are called “keystone bacteria” by the scientific community as they are foundational to the formation of a healthy microbiome.
Think about the arch doorway construction in an old building, at the top of each curved archway, there is a large wedge-shaped stone – this is the keystone – the stone that creates the rigidity and structure of the archway. Without the keystone in place, the archway is not as structurally strong and is much easier to knock down. It’s the same in our gut, without the keystone bacteria being in place the integrity and health of our gut are much weaker.
Prebiotics are the non-digestible ﬁbres that feed the bacteria living in our gut. However, most prebiotics on the market feed both harmful and beneﬁcial gut bacteria, which can make digestive issues much worse.
Keystone bacteria like Akkermansia muciniphila, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, and Bifidobacteria are extremely important for human health, but their populations can be easily diminished by antibiotic medication, stress, diet, glyphosate and other environmental toxins
- A. muciniphila plays a vital role in metabolism and has been shown to promote fat loss.
- Low levels of A. muciniphila have been associated with obesity, diabetes, liver disease, cardiometabolic diseases and low-grade inflammation.
- F. prausnitzii can increase the production of butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid that maintains healthy intestinal cells.
- Low levels of F. prausnitzii have been associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like Chron’s and Ulcerative Colitis, coeliac disease and chronic constipation.
- Biﬁdobacteria can also increase butyrate production and promote lean body mass.
- Low levels of Biﬁdobacteria have been associated with obesity, diabetes, coeliac disease, allergic asthma, dermatitis, IBD, chronic fatigue syndrome and psoriasis.
Cura Precision Prebiotic™ contains a proprietary blend of functional fibres (non-digestible oligosaccharides) that specifically feed these keystone bacteria. This unique formula is made up of clinically-tested non-digestible oligosaccharides, derived from non-GMO green and gold kiwi fruit, non-GMO corn cob, and rBST-free cow’s milk.
|Source of Non-Digestible Oligosaccharide||Prebiotic Fibre|
|Non-GMO Green & Gold Kiwifruit (Actazin®)||Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)|
|Non-GMO Corn Cob (Pre Ticx®)||Xylooligosaccharides (XOS)|
|rBST-free Cow’s Milk (Bimuno®)||Galactooligosaccharides (GOS)|
Increasing populations of these protective bacteria is an integral part of reinforcing a healthy gut microbiome. Findings from clinical studies using these oligosaccharide ingredients are impressive:
- FOS increased populations of A. muciniphila by 8,000% in 5 weeks
- FOS increased populations of F. prausnitzii by 100% in 4 weeks
- GOS increased populations of Bifidobacteria by 10% in 6 weeks
- XOS increased populations of Bifidobacteria by 9% in 8 weeks
Nourish the powerful ecosystem in your gut with Cura Precision Prebiotic™ today!
THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR HEALTHCARE PRACTITIONER BEFORE USE.
BLATCHFORD P, STOKLOSINSKI H, EADY S, ET AL. Consumption of kiwifruit capsules increases Faecalibacterium prausnitzii abundance in functionally constipated individuals: a randomised controlled human trial. J Nutr Sci. 2017; 6: e52.
EVERARD A, LAZAREVIC V, DERRIEN M, ET AL. Responses of Gut Microbiota and Glucose and Lipid Metabolism to Prebiotics in Genetic Obese and Diet-Induced Leptin-Resistant Mice. Diabetes. 2011 Nov; 60(11): 2775–2786.
YANG J, SUMMANEN PH, HENNING SM, ET AL. Xylooligosaccharide supplementation alters gut bacteria in both healthy and prediabetic adults: a pilot study. Front Physiol. 2015; 6: 216.
COLLADO MC, DERRIEN M, ISOLAURI E, DE VOS WM, SALMINEN S. Intestinal integrity and Akkermansia muciniphila, a mucin-degrading member of the intestinal microbiota present in infants, adults, and the elderly. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73: 7767–7770.
DEPEINT F, TZORTZIS G, VULEVIC J, ET AL. Prebiotic evaluation of a novel galactooligosaccharide mixture produced by the enzymatic activity of Bifidobacterium bifidum NCIMB 41171, in healthy humans: a randomized, double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled intervention study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;87:785-91.
VULEVIC J, JURIC A, TZORTZIS G, AND GIBSON GR. Mixture of trans-Galactooligosaccharides Reduces Markers of Metabolic Syndrome and Modulates the Fecal Microbiota and Immune Function of Overweight Adults. J Nutr. 2013;143(3):324-31.
CHELAKKOT C, CHOI Y, KIM DK, ET AL. Akkermansia muciniphila-derived extracellular vesicles influence gut permeability through the regulation of tight junctions. Experimental & Molecular Medicine. 2018;50:e450.